I think there is less effort walking around on a beach with a metal detector after a crowded weekend. And my hobby is exactly that.
I never made less than $20. I once found a $15,000 wedding ring but it was quite unique and I felt I could feel richer if I were to advertise and perhaps find the owner, and I did. It was a great story and wonderful day and I was very proud to be part of it. In the end, when it was all over, I made some friends. In fact, the very wealthy husband inquired about my metal detector. I told him is was a cheap one and that I wanted to get a better one. He asked me about it? I showed him on Amazon. A week later it shows up at my front door along with a $500 Amazon gift certificate and a note. It said that his wife was being treated for depression after she lost that ring.
One beep from my instrument was instrumental in removing that depression.
Popular travel stories
- I'll never know...
- Almost Lost in Myanmar
- Hiking to Active Lava on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Hiking To Laguna De Los Tres In Patagonia
- Overwater in Moorea, Tahiti
- A memorable dinner we had
- Visiting Vietnam's Marble Mountains
- Roadside toilet humor
- Sarajevo’s tunnel of hope
- In search of the perfect Welsh sunset