I've been to London many times and have had nothing but wonderful experiences. Overall this trip was great except for this one incident. As I was crossing the bridge, a mime and a shrek welcomed me with open arms and a third took my phone and took this photo. I knew they would want money, but against my better judgment, I didn't try to stop them. I got my phone back and thanked them and proceeded to walk away, when they broke character and demanded 20 quid. Of course I said no, and the three of them surrounded me, trapping me with their oversized bellies. Other tourists started filming and taking pictures and laughing as I was being squished by shrek, a mime, and a third bloke. I fished out £2 worth of coins from my pocket, shouted NO MORE and escaped hurriedly. I was fuming for the rest of the night and this picture still makes me angry, but it's a lesson I'll never forget.
Popular travel stories
- A memorable dinner we had
- Hiking To Laguna De Los Tres In Patagonia
- Almost Lost in Myanmar
- Hiking to Active Lava on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Roadside toilet humor
- My Amsterdam Trip
- In search of the perfect Welsh sunset
- Visiting Vietnam's Marble Mountains
- I'll never know...
- Watching The Sunrise Over Indonesia's Sexiest Volcano