The Kaaterskill waterfalls are located in Hunter, NY in Kaaterskill Wild Forest - just right of Route 23A.
This is one of the easiest hiking trails around the area and with wonderful views of waterfalls. The forest has multiple parking lots, allowing visitors to either hike up or down to the Kaaterskill Falls.
Besides the waterfalls, Sunset Rock, Inspiration Point, and Layman Monuments are major attractions to hikers along with the Kaaterskill Railroad Trail.
Learn more about the Kaaterskill Falls in NY - a comprehensive guide with hiking trail tips and parking information.
Popular travel stories
- This picture cost me £2
- Visiting Vietnam's Marble Mountains
- My Amsterdam Trip
- Dawn at Borobudur Temple
- Sarajevo’s tunnel of hope
- Roadside toilet humor
- Watching The Sunrise Over Indonesia's Sexiest Volcano
- Hiking to Active Lava on the Big Island of Hawaii
- One dream or another
- Overwater in Moorea, Tahiti