The Kaaterskill waterfalls are located in Hunter, NY in Kaaterskill Wild Forest - just right of Route 23A.
This is one of the easiest hiking trails around the area and with wonderful views of waterfalls. The forest has multiple parking lots, allowing visitors to either hike up or down to the Kaaterskill Falls.
Besides the waterfalls, Sunset Rock, Inspiration Point, and Layman Monuments are major attractions to hikers along with the Kaaterskill Railroad Trail.
Learn more about the Kaaterskill Falls in NY - a comprehensive guide with hiking trail tips and parking information.
Popular travel stories
- Dawn at Borobudur Temple
- Watching The Sunrise Over Indonesia's Sexiest Volcano
- Visiting Vietnam's Marble Mountains
- Hiking to Active Lava on the Big Island of Hawaii
- The Proposal that Stings
- A memorable dinner we had
- The Tipsy Jet Ski
- Hiking To Laguna De Los Tres In Patagonia
- I'll never know...
- The Basket Boats of Hoi An