When I went to India with a friend a few years ago, we were at this small restaurant in New Delhi that I can't even recall its name now, we were just looking to get some snacks and take a break from all the walking we had done that day. We sat down, browsed the menu, waved at the the waiter to come over so we could order.
Me: Hi, do you have free Wifi here?
Me: What's the password?
Waiter: You need to buy a drink first.
Me: Sure, I'll have a coke.
Waiter: Is Pepsi ok?
Me: Yea, how much is it?
Waiter: $1, Miss.
Me: There you go. So, what's the Wifi password?
Waiter: You need to buy a drink first. All lower case, no spaces.
My friend and I bursted into laughter. It was the most refreshing Pepsi I've ever had.
Popular travel stories
- In search of the perfect Welsh sunset
- One dream or another
- Watching The Sunrise Over Indonesia's Sexiest Volcano
- Enchanted Caves and Well of Sintra
- Overwater in Moorea, Tahiti
- The Proposal that Stings
- I'll never know...
- Finding Latin America Charm in Cosmopolitan Santiago
- A memorable dinner we had
- Hiking to Active Lava on the Big Island of Hawaii