I was in my second year of living in China when I decided to go visit the Yellow Mountains with my friend Marc during the Chinese New Year holidays.
It was a pretty long bus ride (6 hours) from Shanghai and quite some intense climbing to the top when we realized the weather was not on our side, it was so foggy we couldn't even see the view.
So my advise? MAKE SURE you check the weather forecast before you head over for this adventure!
Popular travel stories
- In search of the perfect Welsh sunset
- Dawn at Borobudur Temple
- The Proposal that Stings
- Almost Lost in Myanmar
- Hiking to Active Lava on the Big Island of Hawaii
- One dream or another
- Watching The Sunrise Over Indonesia's Sexiest Volcano
- Overwater in Moorea, Tahiti
- Enchanted Caves and Well of Sintra
- Finding Latin America Charm in Cosmopolitan Santiago