I’d always believed Vancouver is (objectively) the most beautiful city in the world!
It’s the only city I’d known that’s uniquely situated between mountains and ocean. One can spend a day hiking or skiing the beautiful North Shore mountains, then enjoying a sunset from the sandy beaches of English Bay, all within a 20-minute radius of the city life of downtown.
Then I visited Cape Town and thought it was a close contender to Vancouver’s natural beauty.
And now I just watched this sunset over Rio de Janeiro and I’m realizing its breathtaking surroundings parallel those of Cape Town and Vancouver.
Clearly, I hadn’t seen enough of this world. Where should I visit next to grow my list of cities that perfectly combine access to mountains and sea?
Popular travel stories
- A memorable dinner we had
- Sarajevo’s tunnel of hope
- Hiking To Laguna De Los Tres In Patagonia
- Roadside toilet humor
- Watching The Sunrise Over Indonesia's Sexiest Volcano
- Finding Latin America Charm in Cosmopolitan Santiago
- In search of the perfect Welsh sunset
- One dream or another
- The Proposal that Stings
- Dawn at Borobudur Temple